Wednesday 21 December 2011

A VERY PECK-BLACK CHRISTMAS

There's a few things it just ain't christmas without. Yes, of course, family, friends, and a visit from Santa, but in the Peck-Black christmas celebrations, there's a few extra (and colorful) little tidbits that make it extra special. Here's what I'm looking forward to the most this year!!!

I'll Be Home For Christmas!
This is the first year I haven't been home to decorate the tree, drink Bailey's with Robin wrapping presents, and make bake my famous whipped shortbread cookies. But count me as one of the lucky few theatre gals who gets to board a jet plane and fly home on christmas eve! I'm counting down "Sleeps" like a patient five year old would do. I'm literally catching the red eye for Christmas! I would call myself a jet setter, but my plane will probably look like this:
   Modern Edmonton travel.

Kisses from my Ugly Dog.
Pluto was on discount when Robin picked up our little runty treasure (in fact, pluto was around before I was, though he has now decided I am the official "Mama". He loves Snausages, hates keys rattling and ALWAYS wants pizza. What a smelly boy.
 Yes, his tooth always looks like that. 

MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL
Christmas eve in momma and poppa Peck's house means lots of Hors Dourves, Classical christmas music and The Muppet Christmas Carol movie. On Christmas eve I trade my cabbage diet for a Puppet Cabbage, muppet style.
 It's in the singing of a streetcorner choir... Sitting home and getting warm by the fire, it's true wherever you may go, it feels like christmas.."

Animaniacs Christmas Special
On Christmas, we bust out the VHS playa and watch one of the best animated shows ever on television (next to TMNT) and watch Yakko, Wacko and Dot, Pinky and the Brain, the mimes from Good Idea, Bad Idea, and Chicken Boo celebrate Christmas. I hear it gets even funnier as a grown up. I'll let ya know if I ever become one. Awesome sidenote: My dad collects Pinky and the Brain stuff. I have an AWESOME treasure for him this christmas!
"Tonight, we take over the WORLD!"

More to Come, Later tonight. Two more sleeps!!!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment