Saturday 26 November 2011

WE BE GETTIN CRAFTY, BITCHES!

Now that I'm all settled in Edmonton, "The Wedding Singer" is open, and my awesome Fiance Robin Black has come and gone, I'm left twiddling my thumbs in my hotel room. Besides managing WILDTHINGVINTAGE and hitting the gym, I'm goin old school, tossing (okay gently placing) my iphone aside, and taking up cross stitch and needlepoint. Laugh away, techno geeks, but I am in some seriously danger of having some DIRTY AWESOME walls back home. 


Cross stitch isn't for sissies. Check it.






If you ever wanna get into it, it's a cheap and fun way to have something awesome on your wall that wasn't peeled off a flyer board or bought on clearance at Urban Outfitters. Here's my first effort:
SMALL BUT MIGHTY!

Okay, so it's not the ultimate in sexy. But it's a start. Next up is a cupcake, then a pinup santa chick. 

You want to start? There are tons of awesome patterns available for under ten bones on etsy. Sellers are friendly and will give you all the help you need.

Start with something like this (Click on any image to be carried to the listing)




And soon you'll be doing this:


And you will look as sexy as this:



GET STITCHING, TRAMPS AND GENTS!

1 comment: