Monday 25 March 2013

LIFE. And Fashion Week.

So I moved out to London, Ontario. I have been informed I live on the "Wrong side of the bridge". To which I replied, really? Despite the out-of-business pawn shops and neighbor with "I smoked too much meth and peeled up my tile" nails?

I Digress.

Also, my Iphone took a cue that I was leaving civilization and deleted ALL MY MOTHAEFFIN CONTACTS.

I basically don't exist now.

IN OTHER NEWS, my coolest-ever friend Kritty introduced my to Julie Klausner and her brilliant podcast "How was your week?" So you should listen to that. Fo realz. I also am obsessed with sesame oil, there was some in the cupboard when I got here (So maybe i'm obsessed with aged sesame oil, it may have been there since the dawn of time) and it is very tasty. So you should eat that. Fo realz.

SO NOW LET"S TALK ABOUT FASHION WEEK.

I don't go to a ton of shows, but the beautiful and lovely Gail McInnes at Magnet Creative invited me to both Lucien Matis shows. You might remember him from the first (And sadly, only) season of Project Runway Canada. Well, bitch works OVERTIME because he now presents TWICE every season at fashion week. This year however, he had some extra pep in his step and also designed a custom dress made of broken Bailey's bottles (they sponsored his high end event). That model deserved a tony for her performance as "Skinny bitch walking in heavy dress".

So what does one wear to fashion week?

WHO KNOWS? nothing you can possibly put on your body is going to make you feel as "Fashion forward" as the other girls there, so just get dressed and get the eff out of the house before you have time to doubt it. Here's what me and my fabulous robin wore:

WEDNESDAY:

Robin: Vintage polka dot shirt from the Common Sort, $14.00, Skinny Levi's $25.99, Dress Shoes, Aldo $?

Socks: Gift from me (Ardene)



Me: Sunglasses- Opticianado (Gift from Robin), Green Mohair Toque- WILDTHINGVINTAGE, Striped Blouse- Thrifted ($2.99) Sailor shorts- Urban Outfitters ($49.99) and White Platform GoGo Boots- Aldo ($60.00 on sale a million years ago)

AND FRIDAY: Shoes that RAPED my feet and I left in the lobby later that night: Goodwill via Chinatown ($6.99) Tights- Ruined by ME, PVC Shorts- Salvation Army (2.99) Black H&M sweater- Sal. Army ($4.99) Faux Collar Coat- French Connection 4 years ago ($350.00) Lightning Bolt Earrings- Fashion Crimes ($15.00/e) Glasses- The Public Butter ($10)

I geeked out and forgot to take a picture of Roobs. Your loss, he looked smokin. Also ran into my old high school buddy Hawley from Sidewalk Hustle, you can read what she thought of the show HERE.

So now that I spent what was basically 14 years uploading those pictures because I'm pirating internet and have to pay $4 per extra gig, I'm out, bitches.

Coming up this week is TURTLE TUESDAY, me starting a cleanse and i'll probably complain about some stuff.

xoxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment